"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I've been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Week 3:  First Week in MISSOURI!


Mom's Favorite Quote of the Week:  "We shared the restoration with her and a couple of her children and continued by asking if she would read the Book of Mormon and pray to know of it's truths.  Once again, she said yes!  AND she wanted to pray right there!  So we prayed in her front yard!"

9/14/2015 Email:  Well as many of you have heard, I am not a fan of flying.  On our way down into Minnesota I totally lost my stomach and it ended up all over my lap. It was fantastic.  Luckily, It only got on me, and I had an extra change of clothes in my carry on.  Once we landed I still wasn't feeling the best so I asked one of the Elders from my district to give me a blessing.  Who knew it would be so hard to find a place to give a blessing in an airport?  We decided to go into a family bathroom where we could lock to door so someone wouldn't walk in during the blessing.  So I knelt on the bathroom floor :)  The power of the priesthood is so real and God gives you comfort even in airport bathrooms!  My Companion and I decided that it was not our week because she kept getting bloody noses from the humidity and then I woke up with one in the middle of the night!  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger ;)  The four sisters that were in my district got to stay in a hotel because the house was so full with missionaires!  So it kind of felt like our mission was a vacation!

My new companion is Sister Fisher.  She is from Alberta, Canada and is seriously the sweetest!  I havve learned so much from her and she is very encouraging.  We seem to work really well together :)  We have been visiting a lot of Less Actives and potential investigators.  We set a baptism date for one of our investigators.  His name is Christopher and he is 11.  He is so full of knowledge about the gospel that he could have probably taught Sister Fisher and I the lesson!  Christopher lives with his grandparents because his mother recently passed away.  His grandparents are less active and really are working towards being able to be sealed in the temple.  It would be fantastic to be albe to help them accomplish that goal :)

I have been able to see the miracles of tracting!!  We were knocking doors a few minutes before one of our dinner appointments and the woman was short on time so we legft her with a pamphlet and our card.  Not even ten minutes later we had a text from the same woman saying that she had a few quetions and would like to meet with us sometime.  AHH!  Sister Fisher and I were having a minor freak out because we were so excited!  Yesterday we were tracting once again and I was the one talking this time.  I asked the one woman if we could share a quick message with her.  She said yes!  I was NOT expecting that at all!!  We shared the restoration with her and a couple of her children and continued by asking if she would read the Book of Mormon and pray to know of it's truths.  Once again, she said yes!  AND she wanted to pray right there!  So we prayed in her front yard!  It was such an amaing experience!  We scheduled an appointment to come back and teach her about how through God's plan for us, her family can be togeter forever.  She really liked the idea of that!  Tracting is awesome!

The members of the Fulton area are amazing.  They are anxiously engaged in missionary work ad are always wanting to help!  We have a goal as a ward to have 30 baptisms by the end of the year and are half way there!  The field is ripe and ready to harvest out her in Missouri!

I hope yo all have a great week!
Love you all!
Sister White

No comments:

Post a Comment