"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I've been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 6:  What a Week!


Mom's Favorite Quote of the Week:  This is a quote from a personal email sent to me (Mom) this week that I really wanted to share.  She has been encouraging our family to read and study the scriptures and not just read them to say that we have read them.  So when we were taught about "Ponderizing" the scriptures I knew that it was exactly what she had been challenging us as a family to do.  This was her reply to my statement.  "Ponderizing...exatly what I was talking about a couple of weeks ago.  The great thing is, in our weekly planning I had set aside Moroi 10:4-5 to be the verse that I would focus on this week.  It proves to me that I am doing what I am supposed to be doig, Elder Durrant confirmed it!"  

Each Tuesday the Nevel's set aside their evening to spend with Sister Fisher and I.  If I haven't told you before that we have the best members in Fulton, we have the best members!!!  Unfortunately the appointment that we had set up cancelled :( so we spend a lot of time trying to find less active members whom we could visit.  The 8 o'clock hour is the hardest time to be out just because it's alreay dark and I always feel so bad knocking on people's doors.  Plus there is always the temptation of going back to the apartment and getting to bed a little bit early!  But it is also known as the miracle hour!  We have been trying multiple families and finally decided to try the Jamison family.  Much to our surprise we also found Sister Felt with the Jamisons, a woman we had been trying to contact earlier that day!  What a blessing.

Wednesday we had an appointment with our investigator, Juanita.  Juanita is a baptist minister who runs a church out of her home.  We had asked her to read the Restoration pamphlet and to pray to know if it was true.  Well she did just that.  But she didn't exactly give us the reaction we had been hoping for.  She told us that we needed to get right with the Lord and that one day we would come crawling back to her to tell her that she was right.  When she said that I kind of chuckled to myself, even though I probably shouldn't have.  I learned for myself that people really do have to be prepared to receive the gospel!

Thursday Sister Fisher was really sick so we spent the whole morning in the apartment so she could sleep.  I don't think I have ever felt so helpless!  I really did not like just sitting there, I wanted to be out working!  Around 2 o'clock we had to go to Columbia for a Zone Conference so we met up with some of the other Sisters and drove up there.  Last week the Zone Leaders had called and asked Sister Fisher if I was musically talented.  Unfortunately, I was out of the room so Sister Fisher said yes and that I would love to sing for Zone Conference.  So, I ended up singing "Beautiful Savior".  I really was trying to get Sister Fisher to sing with me since she volunteered me, but since she was sick I let her off the hook.

Conference was THE BEST!  What a great experience to be able to raise my arm to the square and sustain the three new apostles!  My favorite talk was Elder Jeffery R. Holland's.  Mother's are such a blessing and I would be completely lost without mine and her willingness to cintinue to bear me up.  I also really enjoyed the testimony of the newly sustained apostle, Elder Dale G Renlund and his story of how he had hardened his heart to mourning, because of his occupation.  But after he saw the parents of one of his patients weeping he began to weep himself.  And too much surprise, the parents comforted him.  How important it is to be able to see people through our Heavenly Father's eyes!  We are all brothers and sisters, how would we act if we truly saw others as our siblings?

I hope you all have a great week!

My address is:  
808 Center Street, Apt 203
Fulton, MO  65251

Love, 
Sisiter White

Here are some fun pics I would like to share!



First picture is Sister Fisher and I.
Second picture is Sister Sperry and I out on exchanges in Columbia
Third picture is Sister Fisher and I.  What scripture will you "Ponderize" this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment